Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Shades of Blue....Trash to Treasure

Hi friends

just some random 10 minutes recycled crafts with my most favorite glass paints,stencils and some bits and pieces. I am entering this to PaperArtsy Challenge : Bottles. I was inspired by the challenge announcement post here and the bottles painted with the paint inside the bottle in shades of blue.


The glass paints are on the inside of this recycled Adidas perfume bottle ( pic from internet ).......I  broke the tip of the bottle and sealed edges with some epoxy resin ( Shilpkar) 



The leaves are also made with epoxy resin and colored with three shades of Hobby Ideas Glass colors and the edges sanded lightly to reveal the base. 


This is a small notebook ( 16 cm x 12 cm )made out of a mixed media page using wrinkled tissue paper on the base and shades of blue and green inks sprayed randomly.The bird is stenciled using homemade texture paste.......the inside pages are recycled notebook pages salvaged from the last year school notebooks of my son. These are cut to size, folded and holes are punched. Binding is a cute 7.5 cm paper clip and a big rubber band !! The front......

and the back...................


This is another one recycling a cardboard piece, a die cut, a sentiment torn out of an old desk calender and the giraffe sticker borrowed from my son

here is the back which I love, I penciled a simple design and cut using a paper cutter, a paper pad is glued inside.



Make your own Pad of Paper : I want to share with you a simple way to recycle paper which is especially useful if you have unused notebook pages in your kids school notebooks at the end of the academic session.  It is very easy to make in about 5 minutes. I do not have any pics of it but you need to 

1. Cut paper to size and stack
2. Clip the paper together with a binder clip on either side near the top
3. Add a generous amount of  white glue on the top of all the pages and let dry.

This is such a functional idea as you can use this to make small notebooks to slip into bags, sketch pads and notepads. In fact my sons likes these pads a lot and does all his rough /practice work on these pads !!

A final look at my set of three in blue !! Happy recycling !! 





linking to 



Please do leave your comments. I would love to read what you say and I would love to visit your blog too !!

8 comments:

Jasleen Kaur said...

Awesome recycling. You have such creative ideas. :)

McCrafty's Cards said...

Wow Suman, these are fabulous I totally love that bottle
Kevin xx

Rupa Swaminathan said...

Wowsers! Full marks for re cycling, Suman. I just love everything about this trio...so clever to break the neck of the bottle and then seal with clay! The paper cut on the back is another brilliant attempt dear. So happy to see re cyclers. Big big hugs for that.

SD pooja said...

I remember doing the same with leftover pages from notebooks ! But never decorated it beautifully like you have done :) I loved the glass piece..I tried it with some other mediums but the colors didn't sit on glass,will try with glass colors next time :)

Sathya said...

Wow....Great job!!! Just love those perfume bottle work, paper cutting, brilliant colors...gorgeous altogether!

Lauren Hatwell said...

Two fabulous projects. Some brilliant ideas there. Lx

Aneta said...

I like it! Great projects!
Thank you for playing along at BGC!

Lucy Edmondson said...

I love your bottle it looks amazing,

Lucy x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...