Sunday, May 31, 2015

An Inky Bookmark

 Hi
third post from me today, playing catch-up on the last day of the month :)

I made this bookmark for the Rubber Dance Art Stamps May Challenge. I cut some canvas and used Gesso on it. Played with the Camel Photo inks in various shades to get my background. Stamped with white color box ink and a Maya Road stamp.


I painted a portion of my bookmark with white acrylic color to create space for my stamped flower and colored the flower with thinned silk acrylic glazes by ColourArte in Apple blossom, Sea Spray and Kiwi. I mixed these and added a bit of black to Kiwi to get a darker shade of green . Added a multi-colored wool thread with few beads. The flower is stamped with Stampendous Rubber stamp



Actually I was working on two bookmarks but the stamping went wrong on the second one...but still sharing the second one too ( Bibi, that is NOT my entry for the challenge please hehe)  !!


This is the lovely color theme and the optional theme of flowers for the challenge 
Also linking to http://mixedmediamc.blogspot.in/2015/05/mixed-media-monthly-challenge-12-may.html, was inspired by the lovely colors and flowers in the  pic 



Please do leave your comments. I would love to read what you say and I would love to visit your blog too !!

7 comments:

SD pooja said...

Very Artistic !

Bibi Lindahl said...

Beautiful, Suman! I really like this idea, making a bookmark out of decorated canvas. So funny that you showed the second one, too, and your comment about that one ;-) Thank you so much for joining our May challenge! The June one is out today and I hope to see you there as well :)

Debbie said...

Very pretty! Love all of the colors! Thanks for joining us at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!

Donna B. said...

Gorgeous bookmark - lovely colors! Thanks for joining us at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge.

sheila 77 said...

This is such a pretty tag. I do appreciate that you give the details of how you make your art. I Googled the silk acrylic glazes you use, oh my goodness, how could I ever choose from such luscious colours, they all look irresistible.

EsVee said...

Very very pretty.. first time am seeing canvas used on a tag.. really nice!

Unknown said...

Suman - I didn't even notice the stamping on the second one until I read your comment! It looks like that "Tim" technique - smudge stamping - where you blur the image. Nevertheless - both of these are just so so so WONDERFUL. The colors are PERFECT, the background is STUNNING and your flower is BEAUTIFUL. You have me hooked on watching you create. I have just gone back and looked at a lot of your projects. I am now a follower and can't WAIT TO SEE MORE. You have such an INCREDIBLE technique on everything you do. j.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...